Sunday, January 24, 2016

What Exactly Is That Stupid Tiny Pocket Within A Pocket On Your Jeans For?


Usually on my morning commutes, I'm fairly disconnected from the world; yet to properly wake from my slumber. However, today after my second coffee I was more pucker than usual, so my daily complaints came early. Today's topic was a slightly weird one.
I'd reached into my jean pocket to get my phone, but in doing so my finger got caught on that stupid non-pocket that's inside your actual pocket. It ripped my nail and I was less than impressed. What's it even for anyway?
Apparently, it's a 'watch pocket', used by cowboys in the 1800s. As I'm not a cowboy and it's 2016, I wondered how it could be used today. Possibly as a place to store your wrap of cocaine, but I wouldn't know anything about that.
So what else? Small emergency foods? A rogue Roses caramel barrel, for example.


A spare double A battery? Many items powered by AA batteries are usually ineffective without said batteries, so it's smart to carry them around.


What about a toy car? It could be used to distract children who attack you in the street.


A sachet of McDonald's salt? You never know when you'll need to season anything. It's better to be prepared and have a salt sachet at the ready. I'll be damned if I'm carrying a salt shaker anywhere. Not again. Not in this life.
Notably, sugar can be used in the same context.


A few paracetamol will also fit. However, swallowing medicine covered in denim fluff may have negative health implications.
Following extensive research, I found you cannot fit a full size apple in the pocket. However, once you've eaten said apple, you can fit the core in there. Which I'm sure we can all appreciate.


It's also quite useful for change. But that's really boring, to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment